Five Benefits of Working at a Credit Union
By Ashley LaBombard, Marketing Associate, Sharetec
October 6, 2023
We all know the benefits of being a credit union member (I mean, we hope so), but how about the benefits of working at one? As a credit union employee, you’ll likely experience several perks unique to these particular financial institutions. Here are five benefits of working at a credit union:
1. Competitive Salary: Most credit unions offer a competitive salary compared to neighboring financial institutions. Just as credit unions try to offer the best rates, they also care about paying their employees a reasonable wage.
2. Federal Holidays Off: Credit unions are closed on federally reserved holidays, so their full-time employees are paid for those days off (usually averaging about 12 days). Hello, three-day weekends! Also, most credit unions offer a generous amount of paid time off in addition to the federal holidays.
3. 401(k) Matching and Insurance: Most credit unions offer generous 401(k) retirement plans with employer match, comprehensive medical plans, life insurance, bereavement leave, and short- and long-term disability.
4. Loan Discounts: As an employee of your credit union, you could receive a percentage reduction on your loan rate. So, you’ll make and save money simultaneously; it’s a win-win!
5. Community Involvement: Credit unions are known for their community involvement efforts and “people helping people” mentality. As an employee, you could participate in outreach events and other initiatives outside the credit union. Not only does it feel good to give back to the community, but it also changes your daily grind and provides a new, career-enhancing work experience.
There are many benefits to working for a credit union, not just the five outlined here, that can provide you with both a personally and financially rewarding career.
Sharetec is a cutting-edge technology company providing the latest in core processing software. Sharetec’s robust, yet easy-to-use, web-based core includes everything needed to run credit union operations and create an effective digital experience for members.