Podcast: The Benefits of Implementing a Fair, Consistent Overdraft Program
Listen to a podcast featuring Shay Santos, CEO of Dane County Credit Union
Not all overdraft programs are created equal. To be successful having a proven method for program management that provides day-to-day consistency and total compliance peace of mind. That’s where JMFA—a strategic alliance provider for CUNA Strategic Services—comes in.
In this episode, Tara Krejcarek, WCUL's Senior VP of Strategic Partnerships, speaks with Shay Santos, Dane County Credit Union's CEO. Their discussion focuses on the many benefits the credit union has realized by choosing JMFA as their consulting partner. You'll hear Shay's perspective on how the program has benefited the credit union and members, including—vital factors to consider when evaluating your program, why members use the service, and how the credit union effectively manages risk. Plus, you'll gain useful insight into how offering the service aligns with the credit union's mission.
- 1:47 – Top factors to consider when selecting a provider
- 4:00 – Achieving continued improvement
- 6:49 – Using additional non-interest income to enhance services for members
- 7:25 – Why offering a program should be on your radar
- 8:08 – The importance of a fair overdraft program
- 9:00 – Final thoughts from Shay
Originally recorded on October 12, 2020.