Products and Services Offered Through This Provider
Business Continuity and Technology Solutions
- Business Continuity Process: The Ongoing Operations team of certified business continuity planners can help your credit union develop, test, and enhance your business continuity programs through the CU Recover software platform and methodology which includes business impact analysis, financial and technical impact analysis, and risk assessments.
- Telecom: Your telecom provider should help you grow your business, not slow it. Ongoing Operations has taken a new approach to telecom by creating a more resilient, scalable, and secure platform with better redundancy. This platform offers you improved performance at a significant savings.
- Connector: Ongoing Operations offers a cost effective recovery service for third-party connections such as ATM switch providers, online banking, credit card providers, and shared branching. Connector enables you to recover connectivity quickly, often within minutes or hours. Connections to virtually all third-party providers in the industry are maintained permanently and tested daily or weekly.
- Replicator: In the event you lose one of your servers, Replicator can stand in as a failover server within minutes, keeping you running and connected with current data. It provides business continuity protection for Windows servers by acting as both a failover server and a backup/recovery device. Replicator is provided as a service and includes fully managed backups, offsite data transfer, monitoring, annual disaster recovery testing, and managed recovery.
- DDoS Mitigator: According to the NCUA, "The increasing frequency of cyber-terror attacks on depository institutions heightens the need for credit unions to maintain strong information security protocols." The DDoS Mitigator guards against distributed denial-of-service attacks with multiple scrubbing technologies, two minute mitigation, monitoring, reporting for early detection, 400 GB failover connectivity, and Layers 3-7 (IP Stack) protection.
Who is Ongoing Operations?
Ongoing Operations began as an idea among credit union executives in the Washington, D.C., region after Sept. 11, 2001. With many credit unions located in government buildings, the need to continue to provide member service despite severe security restrictions inspired Ongoing Operations to create a suite of business continuity solutions. Today the company serves hundreds of credit unions nationwide.
How do credit unions benefit from this strategic alliance?
Ongoing Operations works with your credit union to provide the technology solutions and support you need to serve your members. Its business continuity planning services integrate the business impact analysis, plan development, maintenance, testing, and hosting into a total solution. Workspace solutions (dedicated or shared) are available to help your operations continue should credit union facilities become inaccessible.
Ongoing Operations facilitates a series of meetings with key credit union staff to document and begin building a business continuity plan. The process covers the following areas:
- Business impact analysis
- Crisis management plans
- Departmental recovery plans
- Disaster recovery audits
- Disaster recovery testing
- Key contact development
- Maintenance schedule and monitoring
- Recovery team development
- Risk assessment
- Tabletop exercises
Once the plan is developed and approved, it is made available through the CU Recover hosting platform. This platform consists of a redundant and secure website where the plan can be maintained and monitored. The plan integrates with most Microsoft Office functionality and makes meeting NCUA requirements easy. The CU Recover program offers your credit union the tools to plan for, respond to, and recover from a disaster or other business interruption. Ongoing Operations’ full range of workspace solutions provide a place for employees to go in the event of a disaster.
Why this provider over another?
Ongoing Operations takes the time to understand your needs and recommend solutions to address your challenges. Its mission is to find unique ways to solve business continuity and technology challenges for credit unions while increasing efficiency, productivity, and enhancing member service. Through the alliance with CUNA Strategic Services, Ongoing Operations offers a 15% discount on CU Recover, workspace, Connector, Replicator, telecom, and DDoS Mitigator to new clients.
Ready to get started?
- For more information, contact Jenny Jackson, CUNA Strategic Services alliance manager, at 800-356-9655, ext. 4102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Information About Ongoing Operations Products and Solutions