Products and Services Offered Through This Provider
Private student loans and cuStudentLoans member referral program
Who is Lendkey?
LendKey is a cloud-based technology company that provides the essential infrastructure for any party to quickly, securely, efficiently, and profitably lend to anyone else. Its platform allows credit unions to affordably set up a full-scale, fully compliant lending operation within weeks, as well as tap into a community of like-minded lenders. LendKey also powers the cuStudentLoans private student loan program.
How do credit unions benefit from this strategic alliance?
Over the past ten years, millions of American students and families are increasingly turning to private loans as the cost of higher education continues to outpace increases in federal student loan program limits. LendKey’s cloud-based lending platform helps your credit union quickly and profitably grow your loan portfolio and extend your reach into the crucial high school and college demographic groups.
Credit unions receive exceptional benefits, including immediate data on portfolio performance, while offering an attractive loan to borrowers. Private student loans put your credit union’s capital to work, provides an avenue for attracting new members, and supports the higher education goals of your members and their families.
Why this provider over another?
- Create your own custom loan program or join an established common loan program
- cuStudentLoans is a unique direct-to-consumer marketing program that uses common underwriting and pricing and provides loan participation to enhance risk mitigation
- The Academic Credit Score (ACS) takes into account academic criteria as well as credit data to help mitigate risk
- Students apply for a new loan each year, giving them the opportunity to obtain a lower rate if their ACS improves
- In-school servicing, with monthly payments made while students are still in school, helps students increase financial literacy and build their credit
- Monthly email billing and notifications to both borrower and co-signer help reduce default rates
- Direct connection between lenders and schools for loan certifications and funds disbursements
Ready to get started?
- Contact Rick Govek, CUNA Strategic Services alliance manager, at 800-356-9655, ext. 4189, or email@example.com
More information about LendKey products and solutions
Private student loans
The LendKey Student Loan Platform:
- Web based private student loan platform
- Enhanced underwriting using the ACS (Academic Credit Score)
- In-school servicing
- Certified loans and underwriting
- Email billing and notifications
- 24x7 online access to account information for both credit unions and borrowers
- Eligible school list of 2,200+ schools and growing
- Customizable credit rules
- Academic Credit Score (ACS) takes into account academic criteria as well as credit data
- Electronic signature and online loan jacket
- Compliance with the most recent laws (Title X, HEOA, Reg. Z)
- Data exchange with schools and insurance provider
- In-school servicing
- Customizable borrower benefits
- Web-based full service offering
cuStudentLoans mEMBER Referral Program
Refer, earn, retain. It’s that simple. Even if you're not prepared to directly offer education financing, there's no need to turn members away. Refer members to a private student loan program powered by LendKey and managed by CU Student Lending, a credit union service organization. More than 100 participating credit unions have pooled funds to offer private student loans to students and families nationwide.
- Fulfill member needs for an important loan product
- Earn referral fee income
- Retain your member sovereignty with a non-solicitation agreement
- Promote the program using print-on-demand member marketing tools
- Offer college planning advice by adding the College Resource Center to your website
Sign up now to start offering this program to your members. To learn more, visit referral.cuStudentLoans.org, download a fact sheet, or call 800-881-8985.